Kansas City Jobs
Adminitrative Assistant With Marketing, Business Or Tech Degree
Friend That Cooks Personal Chef Service is looking for a talented server or bartender with a degree in a business administration, technology or marketing field who wants to trade their night and weekend service schedule for a Monday through Friday administrative assistant position in a fast growing company.
The administrative assistant will work under the Marketing Manager and start part time 11-3 M-F at $13/hr with partial benefits then grow to full time within 1 to 3 months, at $30K/yr with full benefits. The full-time schedule would initially be 9-6 M-F then change to 10-7 M-F as we expand our service (includes 1 hour lunch break). Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Initially, job duties will include:
- Replying to or routing incoming emails from 13 email accounts
- Answering, replying to or routing incoming phone calls from 12 phone lines
- Answering potential customer questions about our service and securing commitments for free consultations or placement on a wait list
- Printing promotional materials
- Maintain Friend That Cooks contact database
- General administrative tasks
This job requires a lot of time on the phone. You must be comfortable making phone calls to people who request us to call them and returning emails from our website. You’ll need a pleasant, comforting voice and the ability to speak knowledgeably about our service.
Preferred experience includes:
- Marketing, Business or Tech degree
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Google applications on both computer and phone
- Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software
- Customer relationship management applications
- Email marketing applications
- Posting to multiple social media platforms
Bonus experience includes:
- Active Campaign CRM
- Deal pipeline applications
- Marketing automation applications
- Adobe Creative Suite applications, especially Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator
- Posting to multiple social media platforms
This position has the potential to grow into a lead marketing, tech or administrative role. Friend That Cooks is a company with a duel mission. We exist to improve the quality of life for our clients AND for our employees through in-home healthy weekly meal prep and a career opportunity that doesn’t require our employees to sacrifice their personal lives for their jobs.
Our employees work weekday hours with great benefits including flex pay, health insurance, company match IRA, paid maternity/paternity leave, referral rewards and more.
To be considered for our position, send three professional references and your most recent resume to email@example.com. Applicants who do not follow these application instructions will not be considered for this position.
More About Us
Here's a brief overview of what we do, our history, and who uses our service. Visit our Services & Rates pages for more details and pricing on all our services.
In-home weekly meal prep. We plan, shop, cook, clean up. You heat and eat.
In-home parties and wine dinners. We do the food in your kitchen, you enjoy your guests.
In-home cooking lessons and parties. For groups or individuals, learn to make your favorite dishes using your own equipment in your own home.
- 2007 Founded in Wichita, KS
- 2009 Expanded to Kansas City
- 2013 8 chefs
- 2014 Added service in Chicago and St. Louis
- 2015 Des Moines and Omaha now served
- 2016 Denver, Milwaukee added, 20 chefs in 8 cities
- 2017 Indianapolis, Minneapolis added. Physical office opened in Shawnee, KS.
- 2018 Washington DC now served. 40 chefs, 5 full time managers.
- 2019 Introduced service in Dallas
- 2020 Added service to Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Houston, Austin and San Antonio. 63 total employees.
Who uses our service?
Friend That Cooks serves busy families and couples who don't have enough time to feed their family the way they would like. We eliminate food stress by planning, shopping, cooking and cleaning up, leaving them to simply heat and eat.
Many of our families have members with special dietary needs or food allergies. By cooking from scratch and customizing every menu, every week, for every family, we are able to accommodate any family's food needs.
As an hourly service, the more food our families need to make it through the week, the better value we are. We may not be the best choice for single clients, though couples who use us for more than just dinner find a lot of value in our service.