Chef Rebecca is making this truffle butter along with a KC strip, steamed asparagus and herb and bleu cheese smashed potatoes on the FOX 4 morning newscast on Thursday, February 9th. Tune in and watch!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon truffle oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 4-5 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Plastic wrap
- Heat a medium skillet on medium high heat.
- Add enough oil to the pan to just coat the bottom. When hot, add the mushrooms.
- Sauté until golden brown. Add the shallots and cook until softened.
- Remove from the heat and spoon mushrooms and shallots onto a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, put the butter, herbs and oil into a medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Finely chop the mushrooms and add to the butter. Mix well with a spatula.
- Roll out a sheet of plastic wrap. Spoon butter onto the middle of the wrap. Fold over sides and begin to roll up the butter, twisting the ends like a candy wrapper.
- Continue to roll the butter, squeezing in the sides and forming the butter into a log shape. Make sure to remove all air bubbles from the middle of the butter.
- Freeze or chill in the refrigerator. When ready to use, slice and remove plastic wrap. Allow butter to melt and enjoy!
Enter your email address on the top-right of the page to receive email updates of our blog. Don't forget to click on the links on the right bar to follow us on Facebook and Twitter also! Visit our main website at www.friendthatcooks.com
to learn more about our Weekly Meal Prep service.