Chef Rebecca is making this side dish along with a KC strip, steamed asparagus and truffle butter on the FOX 4 morning newscast on Thursday, February 9th. Tune in and watch!
Herb and Bleu Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- 4-5 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Scrub and rough dice potatoes and put in a medium pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until soft when pierced with a fork or knife.
- Meanwhile, warm milk or cream in a small saucepot over low heat.
- Drain the potatoes. Return to the pot, off of the heat. Add milk, butter, arugula and herbs and mix well. Fold in the cheese.
- Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enter your email address on the top-right of the page to receive email updates of our blog. Don't forget to click on the links on the right bar to follow us on Facebook and Twitter also! Visit our main website at www.friendthatcooks.com
to learn more about our Weekly Meal Prep service.